Search Engine Optimisation
CALL US TO FIND OUT HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SEO (01626) 439 859
The following article will help you understand the basics of search engine optimisation (SEO). Also see this article: improve your Google Ranking
At Micro Update we will help your business create a complete Search Engine Optimisation Strategy that consists of the following stages
1. Competitive Analysis
Before you can start with your SEO strategy we will need to create a complete analysis of your competition. In other words what are you aiming to achieve with your new strategy and who is your competition in the search engine marketplace?
This will be broken down into several steps:
- Keyword analysis - what are your keywords and what search results are you getting compared to your competition? If you are paying for Google Adsense, we look at how effectively you are ranking against your competition. We use several tools to look at your competition in the same market area and compare.
- Link and BackLink analysis - how are your competition ranking with content on their websites. Google likes websites that have good, quality backlinks to their website and in particular articles and content that has good meaning and content that is very relevant to their search queries. If your competitors are doing a better job than you in this area, we measure where you are, what your competitors are doing, and how to move your website forward with content and backlinks from top ranked sites.
2. Current Situation Analysis
Having completed the competitive analysis, we focus on your website and social marketing activities.
Many businesses focus on their website strategy but without thought about the integration of social marketing and social media strategies. Top ranking websites now have strategies that cover; websites, social media and mobile applications. These areas all need to be working together in order to increase and gain customers and improve customer satisfaction.
- Target audience - We will analyse your target audience and create the best keywords and phrases that describe your services and products. Although this part of SEO sounds obvious there are some crucial steps that are usually missed out. For example, when one of your prospective customers searches for a product they may also include a location if they are looking for a local supplier - this is especially true for services, as most people would rather use a local supplier of a service if possible.
- Landing Page Analysis - Once your prospective customer lands on your page you must ensure that the content is completely relevant to their search criteria. You only usually get one chance to get this right! Your landing page is critical to keep your prospective customer on your site. We analyse each of your web pages and optimise these pages to make sure that the content is optimised for content and information relative to their search enquiry.
- Link analysis -All links to your site are potentially gold mines. Search engines love to see good quality links back to your content and web pages. If these links are completely relevant and have the correct linking text, the search engines will start to rank your site higher over time.
- Content analysis - Of course once you have customers coming to your website, you must ensure that the content on your site is both relevant and interesting. If you can add a bonus download or free offer as well this will help to get you more repeat visits to your website. At Micro Update we will create a strategy for your web presence that includes interesting content that is relevant - we guarentee this by offering a free editorial check process that checks your content before you publish.
- Web design -The overall web design of your site must be easy to navigate and relevant to your prospective customers search terms. If you have good content and the design of your website is easy to navigate you will have customers coming back time and time again - assuming the content is updated regularly!
- Social Media Integration - Social Media is everywhere now. Your website should make it easy for people browsing your site to be able to quickly and easily 'tweet' or social bookmark your article and content. By doing this you will gain additional links to your site via the social networking sites which will boost your search engine ranking. At Micro Update we put social networking into every page and every article so that people browsing your site can very easily bookmark those articles and pages.
- Marketing positioning - Your position in the market place is important for your products and services. Are you in the eCommerce high sales quantity products or perhaps in the services industry - both have different marketing positioning techniques for search engines and website designs. At Micro Update we will take the time to understand your business and objectives for your web presence so that we hit the market area you are focusing on.
- Brand awareness - With the introduction of social networking, mobile applications and community driven websites your brand and brand positioning is critical in order to create awareness in your market - either local or global. At Micro Update we look at your marketing and branding strategy and incorporate your ethics and standards throughout all electronic formats so that you portray a consistent image to all your clients and prospective clients.
3. Development of an SEO Strategy
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) requires a comprehensive strategy. Your strategy will overlap all areas of your online presence. Micro Update will create an SEO strategy that covers the following areas:
- Website content analysis - this would typically look at:
- Meta Data
- Content and structure
- Keyword Analysis
- Heading structures and Layout
- ... and many more areas that will all help your website ranking. "Content is King" is never so important with SEO!
- Backlink implementation - If you have a new website or an existing website with little traffic you will need to build up good backlinks (links back to your website / articles). We create a full strategy that includes the integration of backlinks to your website data from key, industry specific websites that already rank highly within the search engines. We focus on getting content rich articles and information within your website that other sites will want to link to - this is called 'white hat' marketing and is one of the best ways to increase traffic to your website.
- Content creation policy and procedures - Content creation when your business starts to create a dynamic website that has rich content is often the hardest part of your website. Good content takes time to create - especially if the content is targeted at specific audiences and markets. Micro Update can help you create the content and provide a free editorial checking process to guarentee that your content is SEO friendly with your specific keyword phrases. Your content on your website will ultimately be your best asset in terms of getting good quality traffic to your web presence.
- Blog and RSS feed integration - Blogs and RSS feeds offer every business a great opportunity to add regular and dynamic content that other sites will want to link to. Micro Update will help you get the content worded correctly and regularly so that your website always has fresh content that your customers will want to come back to time and time again. We create a blog calendar to focus and coordinate with your conventional marketing activities - by bringing conventional and web based marketing strategies together in this way will give your business a more complete strategy.
- Action planning and Company event integration - All businesses will have events and launches. Events will be planned for launch and your web based marketing strategy must re-inforce your existing marketing strategy. Micro Update will help you create an effective web based marketing strategy that coordinates these events with web launches, social media integration and mobile application launches to give you a completet marketing mix.
4. Implement and Monitoring of Strategy
Once your business strategy for your web presence is running you will need to monitor against your strategies goals and objectives. At Micro Update we create a list of goals and objectives at the start of every website project. These objectives list out your goals and aims for web strategy. Once you have your website running you will need to monitor these carefully - especially if you are running an AdWord campaign in conjunction with special promotions and events within your business.
With so many ways of marketing online to your prospective clients today, for example using Groupon special offers, the importance of monitoring what gives your business the best 'bang for buck' is more important than ever. All Micro Update's websites come with analytics as standard and a FREE report emailed to your business on a regular basis if you do not want to monitor your analytics yourselves. All the analytics are available online with your own dashboard showing how your web presence is performing day by day.
Important website analytics that are monitored and reported as standard
Micro Update will produce a report for your business outlining all the items listed below. These reports are free to all our customers.
- Site ranking - where are you ranking on all the top search engines
- Broken links within your site(s) - do you have links on your website that do not link correctly to your or other websites pages
- Backlink and external linking activities - how many other websites are linking to yours and what are they linking to
- Site traffic - how many clicks are you getting and what are the most popular articles and links being used
- Theft of your IP (Intellectual Property) - is anyone else using your content or images
- Speed of your website - how fast do your webpages load and are all images optimised for the web
See also the following articles relating to Search Engine Optimisation:
SEO Complete Packages
£50 per month
Call us now
07976 946 060
Search Engine Optimisation packages are available for a monthly fee.
All our SEO techniques use legitimate methods
Our FREE SEO report will give you a Competitive Analysis of your website.
We can help you optimise your current or new website