Top Security Free Tools
My top security tools and download links. These tools should keep you PC nice and secure; run regularly for a trouble / virus free PC!
spybot search and destroy (IMHO the best anti-spyware)
Spyware terminator (including realtime detection)
Comodo Personal Firewall
ccleaner – disk space tool cleanup
Restore deleted files
Complete file eraser program
Index.Dat erasers (Permanent deletion of all history)
MRU Blaster (delete most recent file list…)
FileChecker (tells you what files have been modified)
DOC scrubber (delete all embarrasing stuff from word doc files)
Disposable email account
File dump area for uploading for 30 days
Lock your PC (better than ctrl-alt-del)
Read: Free analytics tools review
Free Analytics Tools
These tend to be limited in feature set and give themselves sitewide links on your site, or require you to trust giving a major search engine like Google virtually all your marketing data.
* Google Analytics – powerful full featured analytics tool. Even allows you to track your ROI by keyword for each AdWords ad position. Google AdWords also has internal split testing and conversion tracking software.
* Google Website Optimizer – allows you to A/B split test landing pages and track how well Google AdWords traffic converts.
* Microsoft adCenter Analytics – not publicly launched yet, but accepting invite requests.
* Piwik – open source web analytics program
* Site Meter – starts off as free, but charges for advanced features
* Stat Counter – starts off as free, but charges for advanced features and bandwith usage.
* Webalizer – default log analyzer on many servers.
* Analog – default log analyzer on many servers.
* Awstats – another popular default log analyzer on many servers.
Subscribe by Email
- Jonathan Camp
- Project Management
- Social Networking
- Tips & Tricks
- Web Development